Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Beginning Of Something

Theres an internal dialogue I think most people have with themselves when they make the decision to reach out blindly into the world hoping to connect to others in a meaningful way. There are fears for sure. I mean come on lets get real, we all have them. Like social fears that can sometimes bring us right back to the elementary school playground during recess when kids were lined up like cattle on the auction block sweating it out waiting to be divvied up by two "captains of cool". I remember myself  kids fervently praying to the school yard gods to just please, please not be picked last...

Then there's the excitement of a new adventure. Of going where no man  woman has gone before. Maybe stretching your circle beyond your personal norm and really being heard (or if you're like me, heard by someone whose bum I don't actually wipe on a daily basis). This point can be stickler for us anxiety prone types. It may in fact be where the reaching out comes to a screeching halt or, like as in my case, where copious amounts hand wringing, second guessing and chocolate are consumed. But here I sit. Striking the keyboard. Picking my words up and plunking them down in hopes to make that connection. That personal spark that we all, across every age group and every demographic, crave.

Finally settles in the bewilderment that comes with a personal blog. What do I have to say? Is it relevant? What if what I want to say isn't popular? Can I take the heat? Can I really put myself out there and trust that I'll be ok? I think so..... no, I'm pretty certain so.... *deeeep breaths* cuz here we go hunting and pecking away into uncharted territory.

I've been getting pretty obsessed involved with crafting lately. Honestly...I'm  truly, up to my eyeballs in yarn. Literally. Let me fill you in....

The crochet world has been taken over by minion fever. They are E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Hats, tutu's, outfits etc... if it's Despicable Me minions you seek it's minions ye shall find out there at the moment and the fiber artist in me couldn't resist. But I didn't want to just do the same ole patterns I had seen... in fact, I don't really like patterns at all truth be told. So I decided to make one of my own instead. I know, I know... Does the world really need another minion? Ummmmmm....yuhhhhhh!!!! *well not really but you know they are kinda cute and if you put one on your kid they just might be more compelled to follow your every command, or at least that's what I tried to desperately to convince my four year old of when I slipped this bad boy on her wee lil noggin*
 
All in all it was a kind of crochet success and a very fun project to dig into. I'm working on turning my chicken scratch into something that resembles a readable pattern for other character hat lovin' crocheters to play with but in the meantime he sits alone. One solitary minion is kind of a sad minion though and since I have seven (yes, I did. I said seven) lil noggins to make into my very own personal minions, I may actually have to crochet some more. But I've heard that having "yes" men can get lonely sooooooo....
    
        
 
Recently I've met some really outstanding women in a crochet group on FaceBook and I'm so very thankful for them. Its nice to have minions and all but much, much nicer to have friends. Like in the beginning of this lil story its about connections. Its about taking risks and being vulnerable. Being willing to maybe lose something *security* to gain something better. It's about life and love and spark and fire. It's about this moment right here where we see each other and say:
 Hi. My name is Hanna. I'm so glad you stopped by.... come in and get comfy... sit a while....lets chat.

5 comments:

  1. Loved it!!! You said everything you wanted and not on a soap box. Well done Hanna Renee. Love uuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Minion. Loved it when I first saw it on Facebook. So happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to have met you, Hanna, you're inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this blog. I appreciate you sharing this with me. Additional information about Kohi Click Test can be found in the following article. This article discusses a variety of click methods used by professionals and the general public. By using this method, you can improve your cps score while playing the game. Click here to read the full article.

    ReplyDelete